|Although the term is new, the concept definitely isn't. Urban Dictionary defines cushioning as “a dating technique where, along with your main piece, you also have several 'cushions,' other people you'll chat and flirt with to cushion the potential|
|Urban Dictionary defines cushioning as "a dating technique where, along with your main piece, you also have several 'cushions,' other people you'll chat and flirt with to cushion the potential blow of your main breakup and not leave you alone." As in|
|The words are sometimes familiar but have been given a completely different meaning in the world of modern relationships. Here, FEMAIL reveals the definitions behind the 10 dating terms you need to know, so at least you have one less thing to worry|
|It works like dating insurance, 'cushioning' the blow if your new relationship ends and leaving you with alternative suitors to fall back on. Urban Dictionary defines the term as: 'A dating technique where along with your main piece you also have|
|Although the term is new, the concept definitely isn't. Urban Dictionary defines cushioning as "a dating technique where, along with your main piece, you also have several 'cushions,' other people you'll chat and flirt with to cushion the potential|
|Here's a short-list of our some of the most popular words associated with online dating. Memorize them now and you'll be well equipped to swipe right to find your next bae. Want to add a word to the dictionary? Tweet us @CityNews and use the hashtag |
|IAC/InterActiveCorp (IAC) is a media and Internet company. The Company's brands include HomeAdvisor, Vimeo, Dictionary.com and Match Group's online dating portfolio, which includes Tinder, PlentyOfFish and OkCupid. Its segments include Match Group, |
|I feel like I have to check Urban Dictionary every other day to stay up to date with the dating lingo. People are always throwing around new terms like "ghosting" and I never know what the hell they're talking about. Am I just old and out of the loop|
|... the concept of 'hype-dating' or 'hyping'. It's similar in concept to that of a 'hype man' or 'hype woman', which Urban Dictionary defines as someone who: 'gets the audience “hype” before the headlining performer comes out on stage' or 'The person|
- Cushioning: The Shiny New Term to Describe Being a Jerk to Your Date
- Cushioning, breadcrumbing or benching: the language of modern dating
- Curious about the matchmaking trend? This is why it's catching.
- Cruel trend of 'ghosting' when your best friend drops you
- Dating expert defines new dating lingo
- Hailey Baldwin Embraced the No-Pants Trend Again With an Oversized Jacket and Very Edgy 5-Inch Boots
- Advice from Melissa: Should I worry about my husbands female FB friends?
- My Boyfriend Lives With His Ex. Should I Worry?
- Bae's been benched: An online dating dictionary
- La Crosse County advisory brings flood of well tests, worry